Job posted here: https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=2&id=1192
"The American Medical Association (AMA), a nonprofit, is the nation's largest professional Association of physicians. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
As an employer, we are dedicated to many efforts, including employee learning and development, social responsibility, diversity and inclusion and wellness.
Our well-defined culture has strongly impacted the prosperity of our organization. Our foundational values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Collaboration, Agility and Trust are at the core of our efforts and continue to shape the success of the AMA.
We have an opportunity at our headquarters in Chicago for a Director, Health Equity Data Use & Research on our Strategy team. As part of the team, you will support building a Center for Health Equity which will be an organizational home designed to elevate the importance of and to sustain the AMA’s health equity efforts. The role of the Center for Health Equity is to embed health equity across the AMA so that health equity becomes part of the practice, process, action, innovation, and organizational performance and outcomes. The best measure of our long-term success and most desired outcome is meaningful, relevant, and impactful inclusion of health equity into the strategic and operational objectives of the AMA. You will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for multiple data and research related projects focused on establishing AMA reputation as a trusted source of data and knowledge of Health Equity. Identify and manage relationships with key collaborators and external stakeholders who can provide access to large public and private health databases and reporting capabilities relevant to Health Equity’s strategic plan.
Provide leadership and build the roadmap for Health Equity data, research, and evaluation related projects:
- Define and lead the overall development and infrastructure of Health Equity’s data and technical roadmap
- Build a team to support data, research, and evaluation needs that will inventory existing enterprise-wide health equity data, evaluation, and research efforts; work with the VP to assess data resources and gaps in the context of the VP’s organizational goals/vision and the AMA’s strategic goals, and develop and implement an evaluation and research agenda that advances the work of the unit and the AMA at large
- Develop an overall strategy and manage enterprise standards for identifying, assessing, accessing, analyzing and publishing relevant information from data sources
- Lead efforts to develop and publish relevant manuscripts, fact sheets, and data reports
- Translate and use data to strengthen advocacy/policy opportunities
Data collection, analysis, and technical support:
- Build a database to house, track, and evaluate progress on enterprise-wide efforts to embed equity in metrics and performance plans
- Provide technical assistance in implementing an equity lens for Enterprise-wide multiple data-related projects involving large public and private health databases
- Provide technical and analytical expertise on epidemiologic and statistical methods to lead the development and implementation of multivariate statistical analysis to evaluate the social, system, and structural level drivers of Health Equity
- Conduct ‘data for equity’ trainings to build and strengthen organizational capacity of other data, research, and evaluation staff across the enterprise
- Lead and carry out multiple data-related projects involving large public and private health databases in support of Health Equity’s strategy by gathering requirements, developing solutions, building reports, sharing findings and providing support to Health Equity project teams, AMA senior management and external collaborators
Identify and manage relationships with key collaborators:
- Identify and manage relationships with key collaborators, external stakeholders and consultants relevant to Health Equity
- Develop relationships with internal groups to embed health equity across the AMA focusing on data use, analysis and reporting
- Lead, mentor and provide management oversight for professional staff
- Responsible for setting objectives, evaluating performance and developing staff
- Identify opportunities for advancing staff skills and expertise
- Master’s degree (MA/MS) or PHD with specialization in public health, social epidemiology, health economics or other related field required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of data analytics, with knowledge of healthcare and/or public health information required; minimum 5+ years in health equity data, research and/or evaluation; must have a social and structural analysis to advance health equity withspecific expertise in race, gender identity, and sexual orientation data collection and analysis
- Minimum 5 years of managing people and all facets of complex solution development projects to timeline and budget, including resource allocation management and resource modeling.
- Substantive experience in the analysis of complex health related studies, including, panel, cross-sectional, uni-variate and multivariate statistical techniques
- Substantive experience analyzing primary and secondary data, and a variety of data modalities (eg, surveillance data, claims, registries, electronic health records, survey responses, patient reported outcomes, observational studies and clinical trials, and national public health and/or health care databases)
- Proven track record in organizational leadership - preferably in complex, multi-disciplinary organizations and team-building and collaboration
- Experience establishing and maintaining collaborations with national stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence in relation to predictive models.
- Experience with Big Data trends, tools, analytic, and modeling methodologies; experience with Big Data cloud based solutions a plus.
- Comfortable with presenting to others in a clear, concise, convincing manner.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including ability to accurately gauge project duration, deliver on deadlines, and manage a workload with possible conflicting priorities.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago. "